Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I finally did it...

yup... I cut the 5th and most likely last ponytail for 'Locks of Love'

-
For those who have not heard of this foundation, it makes wigs for children fighting illness' that rob them of their hair. The wigs are made from 10-inches or more of human hair donations.
-
Yesterday I cut off a 19-inch ponytail donation. However, had I not been scared of going really short, I could have given 27-inches. In the past, I gave 12-inch ponytail donations on four separate occasions. But now those unwelcomed natural highlights are making themselves at home, hmmm to color or not to color that is now the question...
-
Today, I went to donate blood and dang if they didn't reject my iron count. I shall head over Saturday to try again so wish me luck. I'm gonna focus on eating a lot of IRON contributing food items, no caffeine and for me to go back is a sacrifice 'cos that needle prick flipping hurts... then when you try both hands and still get rejected... ugh! I then have to suffer the pain in the fingers for a day or two... that's right I'm delicate... lol so... let me have my pity party for now okay...

3 Guest(s):

Emanicipated? said...

No one can accuse you of not playing your part to aide mankind, keep it up. Volunteerism is a dying art.

Lot 53 said...

Thank You for the kind words... it's the least I can do since I cannot always contribute monetarily ~smiles~

darla said...

Hi! My sister donates to the Locks. She's given 12 inch pony tails twice. She had breast cancer about 8 yrs ago and then again 2 1/2 yrs ago. She's doing great now. Thanks for your donation to a great cause! It is sooo appreciated!