Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Venting

My training tactic back-lashed!
-
We covered the carpet with protector plastic so we could train the dogs to go upstairs if we call them. Since I have trained them so well on boundaries – meaning do not get on carpet - they knew never to go up the stairs, no matter what.
-
If we ever had the misfortune of an intruder, I don’t know if they would break the rules and come up if needed. So we put down a plastic protector that you see through which, is maybe why they wouldn’t come when we called or even coaxed with treats.
-
After a couple of days working with them we got through. But then they seem to think every time we went up the stairs they were suppose to go with us. That meant a little more refining our commands.
-
But today, I needed anger management!
-
I thought all the kids were outside. I went to the downstairs restroom and while I was in there, I heard a couple of noises upstairs. I thought about all the things that could possibly make those noises and how. When I came out of the BR, little Ginger was standing in the hall. She then went to the stairs and looked up so I did too. I saw nothing at first and then WHAT DO I SEE?! Crikit - she turned the corner coming out of our room! Ugh! The carpet is not protected in that room!
-
I am furious. In order to understand my level of anger is to know that we do not wear shoes on our carpet. You never know what germs the bottom of your shoes have on them so our house rules are to put on carpet-house-shoes and take them off before stepping on the floor areas. Crikit not only sheds constantly but I don’t know how long she was up there and where all she walked.
-
Needless to say when she was descending she pause; she knew she was in trouble with just my look! Yes I spanked her. Now I have to figure out just how to make her understand what we want.
-
Okay I’m somewhat better ... I need a soda ~sigh~
-

0 Guest(s):