Thursday, August 9, 2007

Women Be Aware!

Men too but OH my goodness I got a scare today!!!
*
Okay first may I just say the news channel I watched last night bragging on the most pocketbook friendly gas prices WERE WRONG!
*
I drove the distance to do a fill-up and after calculating, it still would have been at least a case of soda or a bag of bones for the dogs type of savings. I needed to purchase some items near by anyway so it was an economical trip too.
*
Once I arrived I had to vent about the 14-cent HIGHER price so I called the honey. I pulled into the store parking lot a bit aways to be conscious of burning calories. While I sat with the car running to stay cool, I chatted about the issue. During that time this run down green tinted mini-truck saw me in the car and pulled two spaces away between me and the store; he just stared. I had the phone on speaker so I lifted it so that person(s) could see that I had a communication device and was potentially speaking about him/them. I didn't tell my honey and we disconnected but I continued to hold the phone up and move my mouth; they suddenly drove off. I kept the phone up to my mouth but I was watching in the mirrors to see where they went. They did not leave the large parking lot but made a turn around and parked facing my direction in the hot sun... what to do because I am feeling that gut alert.
*
Since I do not trust that the parking lot is under surveillance like the signs say, I decided to drive out of my space as if I were leaving the store in the oppisit direction from green truck. I actually questioned if I even wanted to take care of my errand, if it was worth it since I just experience the heebee jeebee's. I have learned to trust my instinct.
*
Well, I turned back into the store lot to pass the doors and go to the other side of the lot instead of turning right out onto the main road. If that car (person) was watching me they would hopefully think I left and leave themselves. By the time I drove to the opposite side of the lot and turned down the furthest isle, I looked for the green truck and it was gone! Good but I was still feeling at odds so I sat in the car a few minutes to look around to see if it was just on the move or really gone.
*
While I was sitting a white car pulled up two spaces to the right of me between me and the lstop light exit road. At first I was leery but that feeling quickly disappeared and I got ready to get out; after one last scan for the green truck I see white car smoking. I thought it was a little old lady who didn't know what to do so I walked over to offer to make a call for her by raising my phone as a friendly gesture. Turns out she was not old and acted somewhat panicked from me walking towards her. However, she opened the window a little and I offered the phone, she showed me hers, I suggested it may be low on water or oil and she strangely began speaking about a check list. I then felt the need to just be on my way so I wished her well and went into the store but the creepy feeling came back to haunt me and linger as I went to make my purchases.
*
That feeling was so horrible that I got frustrated with everything. The fact that I could not find anything I wanted and didn't feel like hunting, couldn't find my list so I called the hubby and we got a little annoyed with each other and to top it off the register clerk was not that pleasant.
*
Hello Me, God is trying to get you out of here... and when I finally realized that and was heading out the door, I received an awesome compliment (undeserving of course) from the gentleman greeter. That lifted my spirits as I hurried off to the safety of my car which, I could not find at first glance. Anyhow, it was such a nice drive home... and I do not plan to go back that way intentionally!
*
So women please be aware of your surroundings at all times - my love note to you Y
*

0 Guest(s):