Monday, October 22, 2007

Just chatter

~
I looked at the clock at 5:02 AM because I woke up to the sound of strong winds and rain. My mind began to go through the list of things outside that could possible be disturbed by this sudden weather change. I didn't do anything about the ones that weighed on my mind because hubby woke up too and told me I shouldn't be concerned, he didn't think it sounded that bad... yeah right I should have got up and took care of them because our really nice heavy duty lighted umbrella ~ SNAP ~ oh how disappointing... the flag pole bent a little and the garbage receptacle tried to roll into the middle of the road according to the hubby when he called me from the truck to tell me he put it back in front of our driveway but other than that... all seemed relatively okay.
~
I was forced to get dressed earlier than usual because when I looked out the window to review the weather well... the receptacle was again trying to make it to the middle of the road.. it was past the corner stop sign and a few feet towards the middle of the road... hmph has a mind of its own. However, by the time the truck came by and emptied there seem to be a parade of receptacle's working it... I heard the truck and fortunate was home so I could retrieve ours before it went on another journey. I redid our identification in the event it tries to get away again but I bet there are numerous neighbors that haven't which, means you may get someone else's that may not have been taken care of very well... yuck! I for one have written down the serial number of ours but who knows if others think in the same silly way I do. After all, the city did say if you need a replacement it will cost you big... if I can help it we're not paying for one. Sheesh enough about garbage already :)
~
Even thought the wind was harsh and cold considering yesterday was blistering sun and heat, I decided to put on my rain jacket and do a little plant maintenance... now I am thawing and that must be why I chatting on about these silly things...
~

2 Guest(s):

darla said...

Hi MsLot! I laughed when you realized you might be going on and on about garbage.... it was funny. We had some pretty strong windy weather the other day, too. Same front, you think? It's been beautiful here with highs in the mid 70's. Luv it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and telling me to look at Anna's Linens and Sam's for bedding and rug! I plan to look this weekend. I'm all about saving money... as long as the quality is good, I don't care what store it comes from! darla

Emanicipated? said...

Are you okay? What else is happening....you are rambling.